Friday, September 01, 2006

And I quote...


“Naturally the common people don't want war; neither in Russia, nor in England, nor in America, nor in Germany. That is understood. But after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.”

- Hermann Goering at Nuremberg Trial (a leading member of the Nazi Party, second in command of the Third Reich)




4 Comments:

Blogger The Bengali Fob said...

Thanks for standing up for on m y blog. I checked out those people's blog and they turned out to be just what I thought they were; Islam haters. I'm going to check out Screw Loose Change though. I want to see if that is good or not. It'll probably just make fun of Loose Change, but it doesn't hurt to see if it's worth to watch.

Here' the Google link to Loose Change. I don't know why it didn't work on teh site.

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501&q=Loose+Change

2:49 PM  
Blogger Nazim Farhan Choudhury said...

what a great quote. I hope you do not mind if I use it in my blog. It is so pertinant given the current happenings in Phulbari.

7:36 PM  
Blogger Mauro C. said...

Hi there!

Can you help me to promote this challenge?

I’m trying to post 1 Million Love Messages from All around The World in my Blog.

Readers write and dedicate the message to someone special, send it by e-mail, and I post it in 1 Million Love Messages

It’s a big challenge, I know.
But I believe that everybody has something to say to someone special.

I’ll wait for your visit and for your messages.
Thanks for your attention and compliments from Portugal.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Fanta Bolousone said...

Great rread thankyou

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home