And I quote....
"Let me see if I can join the 14 Party and make them Islamic minded"
- Mufti Shahidul Islam, leader of Khelafat Majlis upon joining the Awami League alliance
The above agreement between Khelafat Majlish and Bangladesh Awami League (BAL) include promises:
1. To impose a bar on enacting any law that goes against Quranic values, Sunnah and the Shariah,
2. Initiation of steps for proper implementation of the initiative for government recognition of the degrees awarded by Qaumi Madrasas,
3. Laws will be imposed for the followings:
a. Officially declare Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) as the greatest and the last prophet - this will automatically turn into the declaration of Ahmediyyas as non Muslims
b. Qualified Alims will have the right to issue Fatwa (Religious Decrees)
c. Impose a ban on criticisms of the prophets and the caliphs
"It is a victory for secular politics"
- Abdul Jalil , Awami League (AL) General Secretary, defending their five-point deal with Khelafat Majlis